Documentation has always been lacking in the odoo project. Mostly this is a problem of the speed of evolution that TinyERP has evolved into OpenERP and now Odoo. Currently odoo is struggling with how to align development resources: improving the user experience and making it more intuitive or developing documentation that may need to be completely rewritten in a year with the changes of the next version.
Odoo plans to write four documents for version 8 within a month or so. The first two will be given priority and the others will come as time permits. Ongoing progress can be viewed in odoo’s dev branch.
- Developer tutorial
- Designer tutorial
- Developer reference guide
- API guide
So the odoo community and various developers have come to the rescue to some success and various levels of quality.
So what resources are available on the net?
- Official odoo v8 docs (included with github source code)
- Official future odoo v8 docs (Developer tutorial/reference/api & Designer tutorial)
- Odoo v8 database scheme (Thanks go to Borut Jures for his work)
- Odoo’s new v8 API guidelines (From OpenDays 2014)
- OpenERP v8 book (Community written)
- Official odoo how-to docs (Community written, odoo approved)